Cameron White's knock heralds new Test candidate

CAMERON White knows there is a pecking order for Test batsmen, but he has no idea where he stands in the selectors' thinking.

White's 89 off 49 balls in Australia's five-wicket loss to India in Vizag yesterday was a brutal reminder of his capacity to destroy a bowling attack.

Mike Hussey and Marcus North have a new rival for their Test spots.

Between Usman Khawaja or Callum Ferguson or the formidable White.

"No doubt I still want to play Test cricket for Australia, and the best opportunity I can give myself to do that is to play well for Australia in this format and Victoria when I get to play first-class cricket," White said.

"No doubt I still want to play Test cricket for Australia and the best opportunity I can give myself to do that is to play well for Australia in this format and Victoria when I get to play first-class cricket," said White.

White's 89 from 49 balls in the second limited overs match against India at Vizag illustrated his remarkable power, but his ability to now bat anywhere in the order for the national team at 50-over level demonstrates a level of control that has not always been there.

White sent six balls sailing into the crowd yesterday.

"It was a great thing (in 2008), something no-one can take away from me, I enjoyed playing four Test matches for Australia, enjoyed every moment," he said.

"It was tough, it was a learning experience, it was everything really.

"But it's out of my control and I'll try to make as many runs as I can and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment